Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Snow Day

Okay, so technically, today is not a snow day. (Here in Central New York, it's a point of pride that only wusses have snow days.) But:
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN BINGHAMTON NY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING.

SNOW WILL INCREASE LATE THIS MORNING AND CONTINUE THROUGH THE DAY. DESPITE A POTENTIAL LULL IN THE SNOWFALL MIDDAY... SNOW WILL INCREASE AGAIN DURING THE AFTERNOON. A WIDESPREAD 2 TO 4 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED BY EARLY EVENING.

SNOW WILL CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES OVERNIGHT. AN ADDITIONAL 5 TO 8 INCHES OF SNOW CAN BE EXPECTED. THE SNOW MAY BEGIN TO MIX WITH SLEET BY SUNRISE. MIXED PRECIPITATION IS LIKELY TO CONTINUE THURSDAY MORNING... WITH A POTENTIAL FOR A PERIOD OF FREEZING RAIN... BEFORE THE PRECIPITATION CHANGES OVER TO RAIN FOR THE AFTERNOON. TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATION WILL RANGE FROM 8 TO 14 INCHES.

Which all means that I'm not driving the 25 miles to work only to turn around again early this afternoon to try to get back before it gets bad.

I have a grant application to get finished. That's what I'm supposed to be working on. But I have two novels that I got over Solstice that I haven't read, I've been thinking about Pablo Neruda poetry, and Enya needs some help on her story.

If you had a snow day, what would you be doing? And yes, I know what the optimal thing to do today is.

1 comment:

Sheryl said...

I'm a texan; I'd be building a snow man.