Friday, June 23, 2006

Well, Shut My Mouth

More book banning activities brought to you by your local fundamentalist fuckwads. The Guardian reports that Cassell Dictionary of Slang has been banned from North Carolina school districts.
Sup?
WTF?
Quit busting my balls.
Quit jerking my chain.
Damn straight.
They 86'd the book from the library.


I can't even begin to imagine the logic behind this, but it gets better. Another book that got banned was... wait for it...
Junie B. Jones and Some Sneaky-Peak Spyingjunie_b_jones

Junie!! How could you????

What kind of asinine organization bans Junie B. Jones? And why that particular book? Why not ban Junie B. Jones is a Barber Shop Guy? I'm telling you, that book is a hell of a lot more dangerous. It actually suggests that children should pick up a pair of scissors and cut their own hair.

I went to the Called2Action web site, and no, I'm not going to provide a link to them; they're idiots. But I read up on the urgent action that was needed to ban certain books from Wake County Schools. Among the books were the usual suspects: Beloved, The Color Purple, The Chocolate War. But I cannot find anything on poor old Junie.

Does anyone know why Junie's been banned in Wake County???

No comments: